Sunday 13 May 2012

Listening Club - 13th May 2012

Hello again,

Sun has finally poked it's head out in London, and after spending yesterday afternoon enjoying live music and jynnuntonix at an impromptu street party, I dare to suggest that summer may have arrived in this part of the world.

Which is just as well, as I've spent most of the week cleaning up LC-HQ following last week's chaos - the first time I've missed a playback and oh boy, look what happened... @rebeldiamond7 's choice of Foxy Shazam's eponymous 2010 album certainly provoked a stong Marmite reaction. Some hated, some loved, lines were drawn and shots were fired, but huge respect to @rebeldiamond7 for giving it a go, this is truly what the LC should be about.

Now the dust has settled, and been hoovered away, we find @dorianrogers in the hot seat...

"As you can tell from my inventive Twitter handle my name is Dorian Rogers. I edit and write stuff for the music website/blog www.neonfiller.com. Not professionally though as you can tell if you read my stuff.

I spend most of my time listening to jangly guitar based indie pop, miserable country music and chin stroking guitar noise records. Although none of that really describes the choice I made this week.

I thought it would take me a while to come up with a selection if I was picked, but in the end it really selected itself. I had just picked up a CD of this album so i could have a digital copy after previously only owning it on slightly scratched vinyl.  It fitted the bill for me by being unusual, unlikely to be well known and most importantly a fantastic record. It isn't going to be to everyone's tastes I'm sure but I hope that people enjoy it and find something to like.

Happy listening!"

Download is here (direct Dropbox link), and the Mixcloud stream is here!

Start time, as always, is 8pm BST (GMT+1), search #listeningclub and follow @listeningclub to see what's going on. Let's see what happens this time....


No comments:

Post a Comment