Sunday 17 June 2012

Listening Club - 17th June 2012

Greetings to you all.

I do think it's about time I did something to the layout of this blog, seeing as it's getting good use. However, in the time honoured tradition of deferred DIY, every week I have a look, say "must do something about that" and then promptly forget it. Well, at least I'm honest.

But O, my brothers and sisters, what fun I had last week making my way back through London communing with you all and the sound of The Delgados "Peloton" collectively drifting through our earholes. Another thumbs up from everyone, so hugest of thanks, as always, to @MonkeyTypes for the pick.

My return journey across town obviously tickled the aforementioned Mr.Types, as he selected yours truly to be this week's selector. So... er... over to Me for the introduction...

"Thanks for that, Me! Ooh, it's nice to be in italics for a change.

Now, I really thought I had this one in the bag - in fact I'd already earmarked an album as perfect Listening Club material, but half way through the week, a wild last minute contender leapt out from behind a bush and demanded equal attention. In the time-honoured tradition, I stuck both albums in a washing-up bowl out the back and let them duke it out, but after several days of wrestling, neither has come out the victor...

So you're getting them both.

I think they provide a decent balance, and really, both are worthy additions to the Listening Club Hall Of Fame. Not sure if you'll want to cue them up back to back (Mixcloud does that automatically, I think), or have a ten minute intermission between the two to bring the start of the second one to 9pm, but we'll figure it out I'm sure. No worries if you don't want to play both tonight, keep the second one back if you like and listen at your leisure..."

Download both albums here (mediafire link), or stream via Mixcloud here and here.

Start time, as always, is 8pm BST (GMT+1), search #listeningclub and follow @listeningclub to see what's going on. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment