Sunday 15 July 2012

Listening Club - 15th July 2012

Hey there,

Speedy intro and 'ting this week, as I'm off to Hyde Park very soon, to see Paul Simon's 25th Anniversary Graceland show with me ol' mum! And yes, that means I won't be around this evening, so you lot better behave yourselves, y'hear?

Right, last week @tibieryo stepped up to the plate at the last minute and delivered unto us The Internet's "Purple Naked Ladies", which got a rather cautious thumbs-up in whole I think, a lot of "I wouldn't normally do this kind of thing, but I like it", but hey, that's listening club!

So thanks to @tibieryo for the pick, and for selecting @dingster for this week's mission - Over to him for the preamble...

"To be honest, I didn’t really give this much thought overall. Despite initial panic (once again) as to what to choose, the decision was actually made more or less for me the following day.

I suspect most people will guess pretty much immediately who this is, but I don’t think that actually matters at all. This album is an absolute tour de force in my opinion; the product of a brilliant artist and a very (in my opinion) interesting producer.

It took me a long time to warm to this artist initially (a friend of mine first introduced me at 16) and then I tried to jump on board many years later with a very difficult album which didn’t help. But then 2 albums came in fairly quick succession (this being the latter) and I was hooked. And then I did go back and start listening all over again. 

Anyhoo, enough of my blurb. Let’s have at it, and talk about @kleptones behind his back as he can’t join us this week... ;-)""

Download is here (dropbox link), or you can stream via Mixcloud here.

Start time, as always, is 8pm BST (GMT+1). Search #listeningclub to see what's going on, and follow @listeningclub for the admin. 

Enjoy yourselves, and don't go making a mess of the place, m'kay?

No comments:

Post a Comment