Sunday 1 July 2012

Listening Club - 1st July 2012

Hello to you all,

Back home in London this weekend, so no hungover iPad tapping in other people's living rooms for a change, just me, the bustling metropolis and the unpredictable weather (aka "English Summer").

First up then, big thanks to @fraserlaeto for his pick last week of "The Raw Dents" by Dead Rider, which got quite a resounding thumbs up on Sunday night, despite it's angularity, although I'm inclined to think it's definitely a night-time album, as the latecoming @jayesofine didn't enjoy it quite so much at 7.30am on a Wednesday morning!

Onwards and upwards then, most literally in this case, as Fraser picked @holette for this weeks selection. However, as Madame H has spent all of this week being most definitely outward bound, I've sorted out the upload and stream for her. Before she sped off though, she left these words...

"Surprise baton tossing to me just as I’m about to set off on a 250 mile bike ride along mountain lanes from North to South Wales has necessitated fairly off the cuff selection this time. Apologies in advance if I’m not able to join you on Sunday when I will be subject to the vagaries of interweb reaching out to me in one of mid Wales’ finest B & Bs or hostelries. 

Was thinking of seeing what everyone thought of the most recent album I bought – Mary Epworth’s excellent Dream Life – loving the big voice and Double Fantasy style production on that one. But then, under the influence of last week’s awesome LC selection, Dead Rider, I thought, no, let’s try something a little more, erm feisty. So, in haste, here it is. Quality. Are you ready Listening Club? Let’s ‘ave it."

Download is here (mediafire link), and the stream can be found here!

Start time, as always, is 8pm BST (GMT+1), search #listeningclub and follow @listeningclub to see what's going on. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment