Sunday 15 September 2013

The Listening Club - 15th September 2013

Greetings to you all,

Hope you've had an agreeable week - Summer is fading here in The Dam, slowly being replaced by The Big Grey, although the sun is out this morning, so I shall be taking advantage of that - I have a visiting parent, so for a change the weekend is filled with looking at olde worlde interior and exterior architecture as part of Heritage Weekend (think it's the same across Europe), so apologies in advance if this pops out a little late in the day...

Last week, @eastvanhalen hit home with what is probably the most well known #lc selection to date, although as she herself observed, one that probably few of us have ever listened from start to finish; Stevie Wonder's "Songs In The Key Of Life". Truly a masterpiece and a half. Thanks to her for the pick, and for flipping the frisbee back across the Atlantic to @morecheerful for her debut pick. And here she is with the intro...

"I had two very definite ideas for this week's album, having been idly wondering what I'd choose if the frisbee came my way. So naturally I've not chosen either.

This is an album that I've been listening to steadily all summer. It's a new album, but traditional in style, I think. I'm not sure how people will react to it, as when I saw the artist play earlier in the year half the audience had left by the third or fourth number. I think that the album is more mellow than the performance I saw but I'll be interested to know whether that's because I'm coming to it knowing what I'm getting. Happy listening!"

Direct download is here, Mixcloud stream (which may well reveal the track titles, you have been warned!) is here!

Search #listeningclub to see what's going on, and follow@listeningclub for the admin.

Hope to see you tonight at 8pm BST/EST (GMT+1)!

No comments:

Post a Comment