Saturday 17 May 2014

The Listening Club - 18th May 2014

Greetings,

Aha. Warm glowing ball in the sky is here! All hail warm glowing ball in the sky. It's a tasty 22 degrees here in the Dam, so the place is thrumming with activity and as per usual I'm tapping this out ahead of time, so I can go frolic. On y va...

Next week is #vortex week, as you know, and this time @JimMcCauley came forth with the suggestion of #myfirstLPvortex, so dig deep into your memories, put thoughts of embarrassment to one side and let's have a tune from each of your debut long-playing purchases... will be fun trying to match the tune to the person, fo' sho'...

Last week @cakehugga continued the impromptu mixtape season that seems to have followed #dambusters with @jayesofine's ace BBQ selection, incorporating a multitude of styles and generally leaving everyone wanting more! more! more! - The ultimate compliment for a mixtape, indeed. Thanks to her for the pick, and for nominating @monkeytypes to get back into the saddle this week. And here he is...

"One thing I've found with Listening Club is that I've always been sure what my choice would be right up until that point when someone throws the famous Frisbee in my direction. 

This time round has been no exception, although from the shortlist, this was only the second album I tried for size. And in the process, I've managed to add at least one more choice to discard the next time I'm in the hot seat.

So what do we have tonight? A combination of a legendary nightclub and a DJ who ended up being co-owner of what was once a regular haunt of mine in Camden. And while the DJ has gone on to produce other work and covered different genres, this is still by far my favourite..

With the sun finally starting to shine, this feels like a good mix to kick off the Summer with, taking me back to lazy afternoons sitting on the roof terrace of the aforementioned Camden boozer, with great friends, enjoying the rare, fine London weather..

This also had me dancing around the flat like an idiot, so I'm hoping for some top twerking, or if your of a certain age, at least some bad bogling (sorry, no Aswad, Spaced fans)

So with that, I'm going to slow my speed and stop the nonsense.

Enjoy."

Jolly good! Download is here and the Mixcloud stream (which may reveal the song titles, you have been warned)  is here!

See you at 8pm BST (GMT+1)!

No comments:

Post a Comment