Sunday 24 January 2016

The Listening Club - 24th January 2016

Greetings everyone,

Hope you're all doing fine - Grey, cold and wet here in Amsterdam, tho we've managed to avoid the deep white descendance that has occupied plenty other areas. Also been busy making plans to help turn 2016 into a decent game, after the rather below-par kickoff of the last couple of weeks. More on that soon, but need to mention that I'm going to be away next weekend, and also the weekend of 21st February and 6th March also, so if any of you can help out and run this show on those weekends it would be very, very, very much appreciated! Please let me know asap if so, especially for next weekend, which is also a #vortex for which we also need a theme! It's all happening!

Last week @JimMcCauley had the frisbee on rather a tough week, and came through with a cracking sideways Bowie tribute in the shape of Lou Reed's "Transformer". Thanks to him for the singalong pick, and for flipping the frisbee across to @faberfedor, who managed to put his snow-shovel down for long enough to do this introduction....

"Welcome to this week's Listening  - Snowmagedon Edition! You may have heard we got a wee bit of snow on the side of the pond; 27 inches in my driveway, more down south.  So it was a good time to stay in and go through old albums and find things I haven't listened to in years. Hence, this week's pick.

I don't know how big this band was back in the day. They had on or two hits. If you're into late 60's early 70's rock band, you _may_ have heard of these guys. The guitarist is known for having played in one of Jimi Hendrix's band and for having a well-known artist plagiarize him, maybe.

I know this won't be everyone's cup of tea (Sorry, Arni) but it's an old favorite of mine and I thought I'd share.

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to clean off my car."

Okidoke - direct download is here, and the HearThis stream is....



See you at 8pm GMT!

No comments:

Post a Comment