Sunday 26 June 2016

The Listening Club - 26th June 2016

Afternoon, everyone! @JimMcCauley here; currently at my parents' gaff on the Gower and steeling myself for a wet drive back to Bath in a bit, so getting some of this sorted before hitting the road.

Last week @faberfedor treated us to a double bill of up and coming Jersey bands - Lost Romance and The Karma Killers - both of which went down rather nicely with the assembled multitudes. Thanks to Faber for the pick and for chucking the Frisbee at a receptive @akx...

...who probably should have had an extra week to think about his pick so that we could do a vortex, but hey, we've all been distracted by stuff and it hasn't really come together. So heeeeere's Aarni!

"Right, so I suppose we're rescheduling June's vortex to next week, and as such I had to figure out an album for this week at sort of short notice.

"I had a couple options in albums that I have bought recently, but eventually I just decided to go with an album that I've had for a long while and have almost submitted several times but for some reason never have.

"And I find I'm still terrible at writing these blurbs, so maybe I should just let the music speak for itself...

"#drinkingclub recommendations: Umeshu, white wine, or sake."

Bless you. Direct download is here, and you can hear the HearThis stream here:


See you at 8PM BST (GMT+1, EDT-5)

No comments:

Post a Comment