Sunday 17 July 2016

The Listening Club - 17th July 2016

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing okay, despite quite a few segments of the world seemingly slowly going to hell. Seriously, what is it with this year? Dredging my memory, the last time I remember such an ominous feeling was way back in 1990/91, time of the Gulf War and in the UK, the attempted introduction of draconian tax laws and the worst rioting I've been personally witness to. Sadly, I have a feeling that it's going to get worse before it gets better, but in the meantime, natch, praise be for the tunes that provide us with solace, encouragement, wisdom and solidarity. A reliable resource in unreliable times, indeed.

So, speaking of which, last week @mrhig was in the chair, and sent us far out into la la land with his pick of Joanna Newsom's "Divers", which charmed the faithful and not-so-faithful in equal measures. Many thanks to Matt for the pick, and for sailing the frisbaton over the Shropshire hills to @holette, who is here with this week's intro...

"'60s psychedelia goes acid house' the review said.  I'll have a bit of that I thought.  This is brand new. I've listened to it once. I'm a little bit in love with it already.

What the world needs now, is love, sweet love."

Indeedy. Direct download is here, and the HearThis stream is...


See you at 8pm BST (GMT+1)

No comments:

Post a Comment