Sunday 28 August 2016

The Listening Club - 28th August 2016

Hey folks,

Yep, we're back, after a couple of weeks of tents n beers n steaks n mates n tunes n sun n drizzle, but feeling all the better for it. A fine and dandy time indeed. Huge thanks to Jim for holding things down in my absence! Amsterdam, for its troubles, has been keeping the warm on, so it's been a weekend of cheerfully strolling the city and pruning the green things. Not bad at all.

Last week whilst I was working my way through 90 welsh ales, @cakehugga was in the chair, selecting Field Mouse's "Episodic", which went down well, from what I can see. Many thanks to her for the pick and for flipping the frisb to @andershanson, who despite some vortex confusion, is here with this week's intro...

"Having had it in my head that today was a vortex I'd done nothing to choose an album until I had doubts about it being a vortex week and then realised yesterday that it was indeed my turn to pick. So this album hasn't gone through the usual agonised week-long internal debate that I normally have to put up with.

Perusing my music collection and with nothing leaping out at me as a good pick - it's a downside of me usually buying single songs not whole albums - I decided to go with something completely new. So this will also be the first time I've heard this album in full and so there's very little I can actually tell you about it.

I heard a track from one of this band's EPs only three days ago whilst sat in my favourite bar in Sheffield. Unfortunately the song that I heard then isn't actually on this, their one and only (although another is due soon) album, but it did lead me to discover more of their music. Vocally it is a fairly typical pick from me, but the sound isn't so much although it does veer in to that territory every so often.

I shall look forward to exploring this at the same time as the rest of you."

Okaydoke. Direct download is here, and the HearThis stream is...

See you at 8pm BST (GMT+1)

No comments:

Post a Comment