Sunday 3 December 2017

The Listening Club - 3rd December 2017

Greetings folks,

Hope all is fine with y'all. Still wet & gloomy in Amsterdam, as is expected. Seriously looking forward to a little bit of time on the other side of the planet soon, even tho some areas will be just as cold as here, hopefully the gloomth will not be in such evidence, or at least outweighed by the neon onslaught.... *crosses fingers*

Last week chez #LC, @xpollen8 was in the chair, with a very timely discourse on modern shopping modes courtesy of The Evolution Control Committee's "The Last Mall", which boggled the heads of those assembled in the way that it was very much intended. Thanks to him for the pick and for flipping the frisbaton across to @emmaprice, who's here with this week's pre-match...

"Evening all,

Here I am with my final pick of 2017, sitting here with beautiful blue skies it's hard to believe we're now in December.

My pick this time will be no surprise to some of you, it's a long one so make sure you are suitably equipped for #drinkingclub. In honour of tonight's pick I'll be drinking festival cider out of a camping bottle.

A few years ago I met a guy and asked him which 8 songs he'd take to a desert island (in the style of BBCR4's long running Desert Island Discs) I often find this a useful indicator if you're going to get on with someone. Top tip - if they say I'm not into music then activate the emergency protocols and run. Amongst an electic set of tracks he picked a track by this artist and so began my love affair with the band.

I never thought I'd get the opportunity to see them live as they'd split several years previously so I contentedly listened to the back catalogue and lamented a missed opportunity. Last year however they reformed and I got to see them with some of my very favourite people at Glastonbury Festival, one of the places most special to me. Unsurprisingly it was one of the best gigs of my life.

So please join me in listening to one of my most played albums of 2017."

Okaydoke. Direct download is here, and the HearBeSpoilers stream is below:


See you at 8pm GMT.


No comments:

Post a Comment