Sunday 25 March 2018

The Listening Club - 25th March 2018

Greetings folks,

Hope all are well and good. Springy vibes here in Amsterdam, and also just remembered I forgot to wish this here club a happy 6th birthday last week - I always seem to forget it, but yay and woo anyways, we are so amazing, n'est-ce pas? Next week, as I mentioned, I'm away in that London (might see some of you there), so the legend @JimMcCauley will be taking care of business, many thanks to him.

Don't forget, too, European clocks have changed today, so we're back on BST (GMT+1) for the next six months.

Last week, @holette was in the chair, blasting some rock action courtesy of Dream Wife's eponymous debut album, which got the whole place pogoing happily. Thanks to Sarah for the pick, and for flipping the frisbatron across to @faberfedor, who's here with this week's intro...

"Sometimes the songs we, well, I, listen to aren't about the music but about the stories being told. 

Tonight's artist is known for her stories. As you might imagine, some of the stories are touching; probably more so if you've ever been a young woman (for the record, I've never been). Other stories (my faves) are satirical or humourous (is that how y'all spell it?). I imagine the women in the audience will get a bigger kick out of some of the stories than the guys.

I've seen her in concert three times. The second time, not only did I roadie for her, I was the only one in the audience; starting a music career is hard! She has since joined a group with revolving artists that I first heard of in 1992 and they're still going strong.

Now, we're not talking Dylan here. This is a woman who can tell a good story while playing the guitar. The music isn't going to blow you away, although I was impressed with her musical growth between the first and second album (tonight's pick). The song that brought her to local fame is on her first album and I'll play it at the after-party if  there's any interest.

So let's listen to some stories..."

Right. Direct download is here, and the HearBeSpoilers stream is below:


See you at 8pm BST (GMT+1).

No comments:

Post a Comment